Personally, I will be giving away an eBook copy of Shocking Finds, or for those that have already read Shocking Finds, you can choose to wait for an ARC copy of Southern Discoveries: Book Two – Finder’s Keepers and read before it comes out to buy…
If you want to be on the blogger list, or maybe you have a read of your own to enter into this blog-fest, be sure to head to the following link to enter the fun… you have until March 11th to sign up… check out the 70+ list of blog sites already listed to participate, and join the explosion… just click the ‘click here’ button below…
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
Thankfully, I managed to get a moment of breathing room to squeeze in a reply for this sunny award that hummingbird redemption has nominated me. Thank you blogger buddy!
I also got nominated by Georgie for another one, and hope to get to that one by the end of the week… These are excellent ways for bloggers to get to know one another, while having a little fun…
Now the rules are simple, I must nominate 10 people, thank my wonderful nominator, and create questions of my own! Have fun learning a little more about ME!!! Happy wordage!
—- I was asked…
What is your favourite song?
Not sure I have a favorite song. I love country, and Evanescence, ooo… and Adelle … love Stevie Nicks… in fact I sang ‘Landslide’ for my high school graduation… love that song. I guess, for this list of question I will pick Landslide.
2. Favourite Colour?
That’s easy… purple… all purple… the painting I am did for my mother *it is in the picture gallery, of the purple flower* is one of my favorites. There is purple used judiciously throughout my home, my dishes, my walls, it even finds its way into my wardrobe. Even painting a purple tree on my wall.
3. What is your favourite quote?
It would have to be the first stanza of William Blake’s poem ‘To See A World…’
Really, I love the whole thing, but the first four lines have always been my fav… I guess this isn’t your normal answer but I want to live by these words…
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I love to travel… I have been to a few countries in Europe, but I would like to see Ireland some day. ooo New Zealand. And if Texas ever gets a cooler weather pattern, let me know… I will be there.
5. Favourite movie?
Pride and Prejudice … the newer version with Keri Knightly. Or maybe Medicine Man with Sean Connery… Or maybe Blade Trinity, because Ryan Reynolds was hot, kick arse, and hilarious… or maybe … *did I mention that I used to love movies, and still have a lot of favs that I watch on my laptop so that I don’t have to deal with MS headaches… man… now I want to go watch Ryan Reynolds in something.
6. What brings you happiness?
Dogs (especially my pugs), art in any form (though I have a blast with oil paints), and words… I love words. I love all the things that have come back to me after those first few years of my MS diagnosis. And I will fight anyone that tries to take them away from me again, including myself or this dang disease.
7. What was your favourite age and why?
I would say 34, because that is my current age and you should always celebrate life… but I truly love the years around five and under. That time when a child hasn’t learned to always use an indoor voice. When they laugh with there entire soul … that sound always makes me smile.
8. Favourite season?
I love the fall. Here in Ky you get some of the best colors as the leaves begin to change, and the weather is perfect. Oh, and I was born in the fall, so I guess I started soaking up the smells and sites from the day I was born. 😛
9. Favourite animal?
I love Pugs. In fact, I seem to have always had one or two of them around. I got my first Pug-baby when I turned ten. Best birthday present ever. And horses… I love to run flat out across an open flied. It’s been awhile but it is a love that you never lose. Even watching the animals is a pleasure.
10. Favourite Author?
That is definitely not something I can answer with just one name. Patricia Briggs, Laurell K Hamilton, Lora Leigh, Eileen Wilks, Karen Chance, Lynsay Sands, Christine Feehan…. nope I’m too tired to keep listing… I told you, I love words. Not just my own.
But I do love my own stories, and am happy to announce that Shocking Finds can be pre-ordered at amazon. Can’t wait until I am able to add more sites where my Publisher (Mary; Gone Writing Publishing) will be putting it up. Check out my awesome/electric cover and the accompanying blurb…
—–Now for the questions I will send out to others… hummm
1. What is your guilty pleasure? Do you lick the icing off cakes when no one is looking, do you eat before going out for a mean you know will cause you stress, do you baby talk to you cat??? What little thing makes you happy, and makes you feel silly?
2. When you go to the movies, do you go for action, comedy, drama… and why? Is there an actor that draws you to this type of movie, or does this type of movie help you to relax in some way … maybe you just like getting the crap scared out of you so you can hold on to your date… come on fess up… lol
3. If you are an author… What would you like to say about your upcoming novel? If you are an avid reader … What book has you bouncing from foot to foot, as you wait for its release?
4. Accent?? What type of accent do you have, what type do you love to hear, and what type would you like to have if you could change your own???
5. ‘The hills are alive with the sound of music…’ Vacation locations… Where is your favorite past vacation spot, and where would you like to go before you die?
6. No matter if you are an author or not, what advice would you give to your favorite author?
7. If you could make everyone in the world answer one question, no holds bar and unfailingly honestly…. what would it be? muhahahaha
8. What is your spirit animal? yep, I really want to know… personally, I think I am some kind of hybred mix. Like a pug puppy, hyena, dolphin mix… yep… I like that, so that is what I will be. (Any Native Americans out there … feel free to answer with the honest spiritual answer, or one that is more insane like me…)
9. I always have pens, or refills for my favorite pen, in my purse. Do you do anything similar (and guys, we will call it a man-purse, or just always available in your truck 😛 ) And do you have a favorite pen?
10. And last but not least, describe your craziest life experience.
Now… I will be sending these questions out to…
1. I will start with Georgie so we can get someone’s views from college life, across the pond… a realllllly big pond 😛 Everyone check out her site, and get her take on the classics in literature.
2. Steph is fellow NaNoWriMo lover… really, everyone should use NaNo to get that extra push and acceptance from the writing community.
3. Romarin is an admitted eccentric, which I love… if I’m not a little big insane while writing, I’m doing something wrong (usually forcing my words) clicking on the link will take you to one of a book blurb I can’t wait to read.
4. Opinionated Man the name says it all… recently he has reworked his site due to rude comments and abasement from the outside world… which I don’t understand…. maybe I missed something that would have angered me, while reading his posts, but I doubt it. Some people enjoy malicious hatred and use their words to harm others… booo… check out his site and judge for yourself, but please, when you disagree with something you see (on his site and all others) share your thoughts with class, and treat others in a manner that you would want to be treated.
5. Bradan’s World focuses on book reviews for the most part. Writer are always best when they are also readers, that means we read a lot… this is another good site to get someone else’s take on what to read next
6. Sally shares her take on almost anything and everything you could think up… including promotional ideas… great site for writers to check out.
7. John’s blog is about writing and travel… you can definitely find excerpt to wet you appetite for short stories, and more.
8. Mellie’s Muse read about her characters and short stories, check out the worlds she creates.
9. only child writes blog agrees with me… she wants everyone’s opinion but keep the nasty at home… 😛 … she is writing a memoir about her life as an only child… (hey we onlys rock)
10. No Passing Fancy I just love her take on things. As well as the latest slogan/pic she posted… As well as the story/background she uncovered about the phrase ‘let’s do this’… sooo cool
so, Let’s do This… Happy wordage, no go forth and write 😛 Tracey Clark
4 out of 5 read-ologists recommend this WordPress.com site. ups and downs of writer's insanity and day to day life. I will write whatever makes the voices happy, for a writer that ignores her inner voices is merely a mental breakdown waiting to happen. Keeping the voices happy and creating new worlds for them to play in is my main goal.